We love to learn about and share the biblical significance of the modern day cities of Israel. Haifa is not just the largest and most important northern city of Israel, with a glorious setting on the slopes of Mount Carmel, surrounded by sea. The Book of Kings describes the prophet Elijah ascending Mount Carmel to challenge the pagan gods. It was here that Elijah successfully discredited them and thus returned the hearts of the people to the Almighty (I Kings 18:19). Haifa’s name hints to its magical setting, stemming from the words “hof” (beach) and “yaffa” (beautiful).
- Ex-Malaysian PM: “Muslims Have Right to Kill Millions of French People”
- Twitter CEO Claims Holocaust Denial Allowed as It Is Only “Misleading”Not Misinformation
- Hayovel Harvests the Last Cluster of Grapes
- When The Third Temple Is Built, These Temple Priests Will Be Ready To Serve
- Beersheba Researcher Proposes Common Cause of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Corbyn Suspended by Labour Party Following Anti-Semitism Report
- Khamenei Tweets: Why a Crime to Deny the Holocaust?
- A Pro-Israel Guide to House Elections