Oct 06, 2022
Share this article

Early Tuesday morning, Shlomit Krigman, 24, succumbed to wounds she received on Monday night when a terrorist attacked her with a knife outside of a small market in the Samarian community of Beit Horon. Another woman, 58, was moderately injured in the attack.

Krigman sustained serious injuries during the attack, and was evacuated to Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem. Her condition, first defined as life-threatening, deteriorated through the night and she died in the early hours of Tuesday morning, said a statement from the hospital.

The attack occurred after two Palestinian terrorists infiltrated the Beit Horon community by jumping over its security fence on Monday evening. They stabbed one woman outside of a gym, and then attacked another near a small grocery store. When they attempted to get into the store, a shopper grabbed a shopping cart and fended them off.

Civilian Fights Off Terrorists at Grocery Store

A security guard shot and killed both terrorists outside of the store, after a short pursuit.

Krigman, who was visiting her grandparents in the 300-family community, suffered serious wounds to her chest. Magen David Adom (MDA) paramedics gave her extensive resuscitation treatment at the scene before transporting her to the hospital.

The attack’s other victim sustained moderate wounds to the head, and was transported, fully conscious, to the Shaare Tzedek Medical Center in Jerusalem. Her condition is stable.

Shortly following the attack, two homemade pipe bombs were discovered near the scene of the stabbing. They did not detonate. Security forces secured the area and explosive technicians removed the bombs.

The terrorists were identified as Ibrahim Al’an, 23, from the nearby town of Beit Ur al-Tahta, and Hassin Abu Gush, 17, from the Ramallah area.

The fatal attack marks the third in ten days which have targeted Israelis in settlements. On January 17, Dafna Meir, a 39-year-old mother of six, was stabbed to death outside of her home in the community of Otniel by a 16-year-old terrorist, and a day later, Michal Froman, a young pregnant woman, was attacked in Tekoa, suffering moderate wounds.