How a Palestinian Terrorist Saved the Life of Temple Mount Rabbi Yehuda Glick

August 3, 2015

2 min read

Abdel Rahman Al-Shaludi, a Palestinian terrorist from the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan, is credited for saving the life of Rabbi Yehuda Glick, the world-renowned Temple Mount activist and head of the Temple Mount Heritage Foundation.

Sharing his miraculous recovery with Breaking Israel News, Glick warmly stated, “First and foremost, I thank God, who obviously feels I have more work to do getting the Temple Mount opened to Jews, Christians and Muslims alike. I am also grateful to people all over the world who have been praying for me.”

The story begins on October 22, 2014 when Al-Shaludi plowed his car into a group of Israelis exiting the light rail train station near Ammunition Hill in Jerusalem. He killed three-month-old baby Chaya Zissel Braun and Karen Yemima Muscara, a woman in her twenties. Muscara, originally from Ecuador, was in Israel to convert to Judaism. Seven others were injured in the attack as well.

Al-Shaludi was shot by police several times while trying to flee the scene of the attack. Taken to Shaarei Tzedek Medical Center in Jerusalem for treatment, he succumbed to his wounds several hours after receiving 20 units of blood and full emergency medical attention.

“Israel treats all wounded, victims and terrorists alike,” Glick explained to Breaking Israel News. “In the merit of that rule, Al-Shaludi actually saved my life when an assassination attempt was made on me a week and a half later.”

On October 29, 2014, Glick was leaving the Menachem Begin Center in Jerusalem, where he had just finished a presentation about the importance of maintaining a Jewish presence on the Temple Mount. A proponent of peace between all nations, he is known for his strong stance regarding all religions being permitted to worship at the holiest site in the world.

As Glick left the lecture hall, terrorist Mutaz Hijazi rode up to Glick on his motorcycle, stated, “I’m terribly sorry, but you are an enemy of Al Aqsa,” and shot him four times in the chest at point blank range.

Rushed to Shaarei Tzedek Medical Center, Glick’s wounds were similar to what emergency doctors had unsuccessfully treated when Al-Shaludi was brought in just a few days earlier.

As Glick recalled, “Following the treatment of Al-Shaludi, a hospital labor nurse approached the medical team troubled by the no holds barred care he received at the hospital. She asked them, ‘How are we to understand the extensive efforts put into saving a terrorist?’ The doctors basically answered that they have to do what they were trained to do.”

As is hospital protocol, the medical team who worked on Al-Shaludi held a meeting to review their treatment plan and learn what measures would be more successful in a similar situation.

When Glick arrived a few days later with his body riddled with bullets, they were prepared. This time, the medical team knew how to treat someone in his condition.

“How do I know this story?” Glick asked rhetorically. “Because a month and a half after the shooting, the same nurse who questioned the doctor’s judgement delivered my fifth grandson. His name is ‘Eemadee’ from Psalm 23, which means, ‘You are with me’.”

Share this article

Donate today to support Israel’s needy








Prophecy from the Bible is revealing itself as we speak. Israel365 News is the only media outlet reporting on it.

Sign up to our free daily newsletter today to get all the most important stories directly to your inbox. See how the latest updates in Jerusalem and the world are connected to the prophecies we read in the Bible. .