For thousands of years, Jews read these prophecies and believed them, yet wondered how and when they would actually take place. During the past century, Jews have returned to the Land of Israel from literally all parts of the earth: from Asia and Russia, Europe, North and South America, Australia and New Zealand. This section was chosen as the Haftarah portion to be read on Israel’s Independence Day, expressing the hope and belief that the founding of the State of Israel is the beginning of the fulfillment of these prophecies.
- What happens in the brain when people make music together?
- 7,000-year-old seals in Beit She’an used to keep elections honest
- Rabbi Tuly shocks delegates at Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast
- ‘Christian Birthright’ tours to Israel resume with plans to bring 3,000 students by 2022
- CUFI survey finds strong bipartisan support for Israel, new sanctions on Iran
- Jewish Democrats slam Omar for remarks equating Israel and US to Hamas and Taliban
- Arson suspected in massive forest fires around Jerusalem, Samaria [WATCH]
- Pro-Palestine rally to hit Simi Valley, California