Shimshon’s prayer to die among his Philistine oppressors, taking his own life for the sake of his people, is one of the most stirring scenes in the Bible. Shimshon has served as a model for soldiers of Israel who have been willing to give up their lives to save the Jewish people. A moving modern example is the story of Major Ro’i Klein, who, during the Second Lebanon War in 2006, jumped on a grenade, shielding his comrades from the explosion with his own body. Dying with the holy words of Shema Yisrael (שמע ישראל), “Hear O Israel, Hashem is Our God, Hashem is One” on his lips, Ro’i Klein sacrificed his life to save other soldiers who were fighting for Eretz Yisrael.
- Starting May 23, tourists can finally visit Israel: This new raffle is offering tickets
- Iran experts on recent Israeli sabotage of nuclear site: ‘A lot of Iranian work went down the drain’
- Tulsi Gabbard warns: Biden to bring ‘Nuclear Holocaust’ with ‘burning flesh’, A prophecy of Zechariah
- Jonathan Pollard, the ‘Joseph of our time’, dedicates Torah at Joseph’s Tomb: Here’s the messianic implications
- Former Pentagon advisor: Arabs looking to Israel to Replace America as leader in war on Iran
- Egyptian City from time of Othniel unearthed
- Is Recent Maritime Unrest Rocking the Regional Boat?
- Cruz warns: ‘Americans will die’ because of Biden’s decision to fund ‘Palestinians’