Nov 29, 2021

Share this article

Approximately 370 rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza on Monday. The IDF reported that 100 rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome System. Most of the remaining projectiles landed in open fields but some hit civilian dwellings inside Israel.

The barrage began at 4:30 p.m. when a Cornet anti-tank missile was fired at an Israeli bus near the border. One IDF soldier was critically injured in that attack. The rockets continued to rain down until around 1:30 AM.

A home and an apartment building were hit by rockets in Ashkelon, killing one Israeli and wounding seven others. One Israeli was killed when an apartment building was struck by a rocket. Eight others were wounded in the strike, including two women with life-threatening injuries, according to emergency services. Israeli authorities reported that more than 50 Israelis have been treated for injuries since Monday, most of them light wounds or stress-related trauma. Buildings were also hit in Netivot and Sderot.

The IDF retaliated by hitting more than 150 Hamas and Islamic Jihad military sites in Gaza, including weapons warehouses, a naval vessel used by Hamas, the headquarters of al-Aqsa TV, and a building used as the administration of Hamas’s internal security service overnight. The IDF also attacked three terror tunnels. The Hamas-run health ministry said four people were killed, three of whom were identified as members of terrorist groups.

A Hamas spokesman warned that they intended to continue the rocket attacks.

“Approximately one million Zionists will be within the range of our missiles if the Zionist enemy’s decision is to continue its aggression,” a spokesman said.

Hamas set up roadblocks inside Gaza, preventing foreign journalists and aid workers from leaving. They also prevented goods from crossing over into Gaza.

The IDF moved additional Iron Dome batteries into southern Israel. There were also reports of infantry, tanks, and artillery units being moved into position along the southern border.

This comes at a time when Israel and Hamas seemed close to signing an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire. Last week, Israel allowed Qatar to deliver $15 million to Gaza to allow  Hamas to pay the salaries of thousands of government workers. At the same time, Hamas has lowered the intensity of the weekly March of Return riots.

On Sunday night, an undercover IDF mission inside Gaza went awry. A high-ranking IDF officer was killed and one was wounded in the ensuing firefight. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu cut short an official visit to Paris and flew back to Israel.

RAW FOOTAGE: The skies of southern Israel RIGHT NOW. Dozens of rockets are being fired from #Gaza at Israeli civilians.

— Israel Defense Forces (@IDFSpokesperson) November 12, 2018